Friday, July 11, 2014

HDR Black and White first try

Photos shot with Olympus E-PL3 - Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 - Exposure bracketing mode.

I really like this view, not just because it's right outside of my house, but because the buildings form a nice U shape to frame the sky. As long as I don't angle my head down to look at the sewage canal, it's a great view and it's mine to look at everyday.


HDR B&W of Maysprings condominium
The coloured HDR images were very saturated, made the scene look almost cartoonish. Desaturated to get the image above. HDR seems to capture more details, and the over saturation is not a problem if image is made black and white. 
My image looks soft, probably because I used my finger to trigger the shutter for each exposure in this case. For the next two shots, I set the camera to a 2-second timer in order to remove shakiness. It worked quite well, so I don't think buying a remote shutter is necessary.

"Dark" clouds
Isolated the sky using lasso tool, messed with levels and contrast to try to bring out the clouds. Looking closely at the rooftops, you can see areas that I missed with the lasso tool... Oh well.

Added colour filter
Added some layers of pinkish colour to make the photo more interesting. Increased contrast to get the tree trunks almost completely black. No idea what I'm going for though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment