Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Liquifying strangers and cloning in Photoshop

Residents taking part in lucky draw
Photo taken during my part time job assisting the Bukit Batok Community Club in screening the Fifa '14 World Cup. I decided to try my hand at using the liquify tool to modify a certain lady who appeared in one of the photos.
Liquify
Liquify tool was quite confusing at first, in the end I got the hang of using the freeze mask to avoid warping the surroundings. Didn't take too much care though since I'm just experimenting.

Didn't like how she was left in the shadow in the original shot, so I thought I could "extend" the range of my flash by brightening her up as well. It looks fine to me, but I'm not sure if the end result looks convincing.

Sit

Stand

Take a crap

Dead
 I couldn't think of any poses more interesting than the above. Hah.... Such fail...

Worst clone army ever
Making a photo with clones of myself was quite easy, the overlapping bits took a bit of manual labour zooming in and masking. I found that the darker colour blending mode came in very handy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment